June is always a fun and busy month for our family. The weather is usually beautiful and we’ve been seizing every opportunity to soak up the sun and breathe in the fresh air. I’m a little behind on my blogging, so I thought I’d do a quick update on what I’ve been up to lately.
1. This was a quick little project I’ve had in my head for a couple months. I was just waiting for some warm, dry weather so I could get outside and spray paint. I’ve had these flower hooks for a few years. They were towel hooks in our master bathroom for a while. I just gave them a new coat of paint and hung the lanterns. Now I just need to find some LED candles to put inside those lanterns.
2. This one falls into the “should have done this sooner” category. It was much easier than I thought it would be to replace our master bedroom door knob and spray paint the hinges. Not gonna lie, I was pretty proud of myself for switching out the door knob all by myself.
3. I earned the procrastination prize for this project. The “new” sliding glass door in our living room was installed two YEARS ago … and I just finished painting the door and trim two weeks ago. And it was as annoying to paint as I thought it would be. That makes it okay that I put it off for two years, right?
4. We recently got back from a wonderful little trip to Texas for a family reunion. The kids loved meeting family members they had never met before, getting some quality time with G-mama and Granddaddy and playing with their cousins. We all got our fill of sun and water too. I just wish we could have stayed longer!
5. June is a big birthday month for us. Lily turned 1!! Two of my best friends and I turn 31 this month. I also have two sweet nephews who turn a year older this month. The photo above shows a little of my birthday loot. 🙂